Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Self Reflection- Noah's Band-aid Project



 Noah's Band-aid Project was one of my favorite videos to film and edit. Although, there is no B-Roll, I believe this news package tells a story that really impacts the viewers. The reality is, is that cancer has affected most people in one way or another. This story that Victoria and I put together really shows others that people go through similar things in life and everyone has to overcome different obstacles.
  This project was very important to Victoria and I because we were attempting to get the whole school to participate and donate band-aids for Noah's band-aid drive. Not only was it important to tell the student body information about the drive, but it was also essential to inform the student body on why this drive is important for our community. I believe we got the information across and told Noah's story in a very sympathetic manner.
 Interviewing a parent who lost their child to cancer, is something neither Victoria and I have ever done. It was very difficult to prepare questions for this interview because we didn't know what Mr. Wilson was and wasn't willing to share. However, Victoria and I lucked out because Mr. Wilson was very open and shared all of Noah's story without us having to ask. In order to improve this package, Victoria and I could have made our pictures move, and we could have used more sound-bytes from Sarah Stroup. Overall, the process of making this video was very educating and enjoyable, and I believe it is one of our better news packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment